- Erlang/OTP R14B02 documentation
- Online www documentation for the run-time system as well as all the
libraries. Also available as an archive of HTML documents from the
download page Starting with R13B03, PDF documentation is included in
the HTML package.
Documentation for all releases is
- An Erlang course
- A four day course in Erlang, with exercises. This course
assumes no previous knowledge of parallel or functional programming.
Concurrent Programming in Erlang
- Table of contents of the Erlang book.
Concurrent Programming in Erlang, Part I (pdf 884 KB)
- The first part of the Erlang Reference book (by permission of Prentice Hall).
Program Development Using Erlang
- A description of programming rules and advise for how
to write systems using Erlang, also available in a
Making reliable distributed systems in the presence of software errors
- Doctor's Thesis at KTH. Describes Erlang, OTP, how and why.
- Concurrent Functional Programming for Telecommunications:
A Case Study of Technology Introduction
- Licentiate Thesis at KTH. This tells the history
of Erlang from 1987 until the end of year 2000.
The development of Erlang
- In Proceedings of the ACM SIGPLAN International
Conference on Functional Programming, pages 196 - 203, ACM Press, 1997.
This paper describes the development of Erlang during the
Erlang - A survey of the language and its industrial applications
- In INAP'96. The 9'th Exhibitions and Symposium on
Industrial Applications of Prolog. 16-18, October 1996. Hino, Tokyo
The paper gives an overview of Erlang and describes three commercial
products which are programmed in Erlang.
Mnesia - A distributed robust DBMS for telecommunications applications (PDF)
In First International Workshop on
Practical Aspects of Declarative Languages (PADL'99).
A paper which is a nice introduction to the distributed Database Mnesia.
AXD 301--A new generation ATM switching system
- Article in Ericsson Review No. 1, 1998. Describes the AXD301.
Much of the AXD301 software is written using the Erlang/OTP libraries.
- Open Telecom Platform
- Article in Ericsson Review No. 1, 1997. Describes the Open Telecom
(OTP). OTP is written in Erlang.
- ANx-High-speed Internet access
- Article in Ericsson Review No. 01b, 1998. ANx is an ATM-based
broadband access platform where the control system is built using
- erl_spec47.ps.gz (358 KB)
- The Erlang 4.7 specification.
A very ambitious document that tries to describe in detail exactly
the semantics of Erlang 4.7. The specification is 10 years old and does not reflect the language exactly as it is today.
Publications at the www.erlang.se site.